Hon’ble BJP National President Shri Jagat Prakash Nadda today attended a felicitation function of Ex-Army personnel in Raiwala. While speaking on the occasion, Nadda said, “The nation is safe, strong and ready to move forward at a fast pace under Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji’s leadership.”
- I am fortunate to attend the ex-servicemen dialogue and honor program. We must give respect to the soldiers, but no matter how much respect is given, it will be less, it will be even less to describe it in words. We should remember their supreme sacrifice. It is our supreme duty to honour and respect our brave soldiers who lay down their lives defending our country and protecting us. We are and will always remain indebted to their sacrifices and commitment towards our Motherland.
- The brave soldiers who lay down their lives fighting for their country belong to the entire nation. Entire nation is indebted to our brave soldiers’ sacrifice, valour and commitment.
- Since the Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji took over there has been a new rigour and valour in our armed forces. Today our soldiers are confident that our Central Government under our Pradhan Sewak is firmly standing with them under any circumstances.
- Our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji celebrates Diwali every year with our brave soldiers at some remote border. Under the leadership and guidance of the Honourable Prime Minister our nation is strong and safe and is yearning to take the fast pace of development and prosperity.
- In 2011-12 our defence budget was around Rs 1,47,000 crores which in 2020-21 has gone up to Rs 4,78,000 crore. Out of which around Rs 1,35,000 crore has been kept for purchase of new arms and equipment.
- Honourable Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee was Prime Minister when he had laid the foundation stone of Atal Tunnel, but the Congress party led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) did nothing for 10 years to complete it. It was after Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji took over the work on Atal Tunnel began at a fast pace and it was finally dedicated to the nation.
- On our borders the Border Roads Organization has so far constructed 61 roads totalling around 3300 kms. On the India – China border the construction work on 73 roads totalling 3812 kms is going on at a fast pace. Also, construction work on 17 road tunnels totalling 100 kms is also going on at a fast pace.
- During the Congress party rule every defence deal was mired in corruption. Corruption took place in every defence purchase deal. The only policy of the Congress party government was to not clear defence deals and indulge in corrupt dealings while clearing the deals.
- Since our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji took over the work of defence modernisation has been going on at a fast pace. A total of 36 Rafale fighter planes are being added to the Indian Air Force. Also Apache, Chinook, surface to air missiles and Howitzer cannons are being added to our defence forces.
- First time the post of Chief of Defence Staff has been created, and for better coordination in defence forces the Department of Military Affairs was created.
- The demand for ‘One Rank, One Pension’ had been there since 1972, but it was fulfilled by our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji. In Uttarakhand over 1 lakh ex-servicemen have been benefited by the ‘One Rank, One Pension’ scheme. Till date Rs 11,000 has been spent on ‘One Rank, One Pension’ scheme which has benefited lakhs of jawans.
- No one thought of making a War Memorial to honour our bravehearts and soldiers. Our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji constructed a War Memorial in Delhi in respect and honour of our Martyrs. It has now been decided to construct Shaeed Dhaam in Uttarakhand. I thank and congratulate the Chief Minister for this noble initiative.
- Earlier the hands of our soldiers were tied and they had no freedom to retaliate when attacked by our enemies. But now on our borders if anyone dares to challenge our soldiers, they are taught a lesson. It was due to the strong willpower of our leadership and vigour and courage of our soldiers that China was forced to withdraw. This is called strong and decisive leadership.
- Has anyone heard previously from the Prime Minister of our nation that ‘Pakistan has committed a blunder, and that it will have to face its serious repercussions. If needed we will give a befitting reply by entering their territory’. And this was followed by surgical strikes on terrorists.
- Our Honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi ji has very categorically said that we will neither lower our eyes nor stare anyone down while talking with anyone, we will hold talks on equal terms.